Saturday, December 30, 2017

Saturday 9: It's Just Another New Year's Eve

Crazy Sam’s  Saturday 9: It's Just Another New Year's Eve (1977)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
My cable has been off (mostly off) and on all morning.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2017! Thanks for a great year, everyone.

1) In this song, Barry Manilow declares New Year's Eve is "just another night." How do you feel about 12/31? Is it a special occasion or just another night?
Just another night, but I plan on going out to dinner and have a lobster at the local seafood restaurant (I don’t want to have to cleanup afterward).

2) Barry sings that in the past year, "we've made mistakes." What in 2017 do you wish you could do over?
It has been a good year for me; maybe I just wish that I took more photos.

3) He also sings of happy nights with friends. Tell us about a really good time you had in the past year.
There have been many good times, mostly get-togethers with friends.

4) The song references growing wiser, as well as older. What's something you learned or discovered in 2017?
I learned a couple of new software programs and loaded Ubuntu on a thumb drive to play around with Linux operation system.

5)  What do you wish you had spent more time doing during 2017?
See answer #2

6)  What was the smartest thing you did all this past year?
Bought a new car, a Prius Prime

7)  As this year comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?
My health. family and friends

8) When this week's featured artist, Barry Manilow, was a jingle writer, he wrote the famous "You deserve a break today at McDonald's" song. When's the last time you visited the Golden Arches?
Hmm… I can’t think that far back. Maybe two years ago when we lost power for several days from a snow storm. They had power and Wi-Fi so everyone was going there to recharge their electronic devices and a hot meal.

9) Random question: In high school, were you more popular with the boys or the girls?
I was a nerd. I wasn’t very popular except among the other nerds.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



Last night I went to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon laser show… EXCELLENT!

If you get a chance to see it, go!

The show was at a planetarium at a local high school and the show was run by a high school teacher, I think he does it so he can get to watch it.

5 comments:

  1. I don't eat McDonald's food very often but occasionally I'll get a drink there. I had a hard time to remember my last visit.

    The laser light show must have been trippy good fun!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster! I'm so jealous!

    And so glad you're pleased with your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was (and still am) a nerd. Not such a big deal now that I'm 54 but at 12 - yikes! LOL. I hope the new year brings better news and less stress for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a junior college which has a planetarium that has a Dark Side of the Moon show. It is awesome. I'm just not a huge fan of Roger Waters unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are close to enjoying that lobster. I’m looking at my clock... and answering on Sunday.. My you have the best possible year, Diana. The post on the Stanford professor was a beautiful one... thank you. 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete