Monday, September 04, 2017

I Strongly Disagree!

This editorial cartoon appeared in this morning’s Hartford Courant and I strongly disagree with it.



While I don’t think that most of the people who took part in the Cajun Navy are members of the Ku Klux Klan, or are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or are Islamophobic, I believe some of them are and the editorial cartoon hints that they all are which is my first point of contention. The cartoon paints with a board brush.

My second bone of contention is the point that the editorial cartoon makes is that these are good people meaning the people that the cartoon said were “self-described red-necks who are proud of their southern heritage” and “opposed to gay marriage” are heroes (again I want to point out that I believe that all most all the people who took part in the Cajun Navy are good people and not as the editorial cartoon makes them out to be). When someone denies others of their human rights and does a good deed doesn’t make them a hero.

During World War II the Nazi were handing out food to bombing victims but at the same time they were killing millions and millions of Jews, gays, lesbians, trans people, Polish, Serb, Gypsies, and people with disabilities in gas chambers doesn't make them heroes.

Who are the heroes in Houston?

I believe some of them are the mosques that opened their doors to everyone and not those so called Christian leaders who had to be shamed into to opening their doors and according to some reports asked for donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment