Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday 9: I Will Never Let You Down

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: I Will Never Let You Down (2017)
... because Smellyann recommended Fastball



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I will be up in southern Vermont this weekend.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Fastball is a trio from Austin, Texas. Austin is the capital of Texas. When you were in school, did you have to memorize the state capitals?
Yes, but that was very long ago and I doubt I will know them now.

2) Have you ever visited your state's capital?

In the Governor's office for a bill signing

At a press conference two weeks ago at the Legislative Office Building (LOB)
Peeking over my shoulder is U.S, Senator Blumenthal
 Photo from CT Women's Education and Legal Fund (CWEAJF) Facebook page

3) Fastball played dates throughout Canada this past spring. When did you last leave the US of A?
A very, very long time ago. It probably was in the late 50’s or early 60’s

4) Tony Scalzo is a founding member of Fastball. He's the singer in the video for this song, and that's his wife, Jennifer, playing the organizer of the speed-dating event. Have you ever gotten a job because you knew somebody?
Yes. Actually all but one of my jobs I got because I know someone who toldme of a job opening.

5) In this pitch to a perspective lover, he admits he doesn't have much money. Last time you went to the ATM, how much did you withdraw?
Probably a month ago and it was $60.

6) He sings that at times, his mind is hazy. Do you have a good memory for names?
I am horrible with names and faces.

7) Fastball guitarist Miles Zuniga admits that he once had a crush on Carrie Fisher (aka Princess Leia). Tell us about one of your one-sided love affairs, either with a celebrity or someone you knew in real life.
I never had one to tell about.

8) Fastball's drummer Joey Shuffield is partial to drums from Pork Pie Percussion. This company was started by Bill Detamore, who began making drums as a hobby. Do you have any hobbies that, under the right circumstances, could make you money?
Photography.

9) The fast ball is the most common pitch in major league baseball. Now that the MLB season is past the halfway mark, how is your baseball team doing?
I don’t follow any sport teams.

6 comments:

  1. Look at you with Sen. Blumenthal! You do such impressive things for your community, Diana. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sam. Your activism for equality is very impressive. Huzzah!
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to help you with your American history. You've got to be at least 35 to be elected President of the United States. So when Lincoln said, upon leaving Springfield for Washington to serve as POTUS, "Here I have lived a quarter of a century, and have passed from a young to an old man ..." he could not possibly have been just 25.

    He moved to Springfield in his mid-20s. That's why he referred to himself as then being "a young man." Add 25 years to that and he was over 50. In the mid 1800s, many men didn't live to see the age of 60. That's why he said he was now "an old man."

    I think this explanation of his speech at the train station is just about as long as his speech was!





    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that I could be better at photography. Thank goodness for the dummy modes on cameras for people like me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were into photography. I love taking photos and am considered a professional but I don't consider myself one. Just lucky with shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have a showing of your photography!

    ReplyDelete