Thursday, June 29, 2017

Ten Years!

Ten years ago at work they were closing down the factory where I worked for 28 years. I got my pink slip at eleven o'clock in the morning, I went home and threw out all my male clothes, and legally changed my name, changed all my documentation.

I wrote this before I transitioned
Trans-
Trans- prefix on or to the other side of, beyond, over, across || from one state to another.

I look in the mirror and I see a woman.
But, I am I.
I don’t feel any different.
Will my past have to be destroyed, in order to live?
Will I still be me?
*  *  *  *  *

Well after ten years I have the answer… I am still me.

I can declare with certainly that I am me!

I am the same person.

I have all my memories, they are integrated within me. When I think of before I transition it is just of me and not of a gender.

I can’t remember what it felt like before I transitioned, it is lost in a fog.

Except for family everyone only knows me as Diana. I have grandnieces that only know Diana and all of my old high school friends I haven’t seen in about five years.

I wish that I can say profound words of wisdom but I can’t, it is just another day.
Now the years are rolling by me
They are rockin' evenly
I am older than I once was
And younger than I'll be
But that's not unusual
No it isn't strange
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same
After changes
We are more or less the same
                    The Boxer Simon and Garfunkel
“We are more or less the same” and that is about all I can say. It hasn’t been smooth the last ten years; there have been many bumps along the road often not taken and as Kermit says “it’s not easy being green” and it is not easy being trans. But overall life has been go to me since I transitioned the positives have vastly outweighed the bad.

I don’t think I ever could go back it would seem so strange.



I've  rewritten this many times trying to say something profound and inspiring but I couldn't think of anything to write... it is "Oh hum, just another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment