Saturday, June 03, 2017

Saturday 9: Lazy Bones

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Lazy Bones (1975)


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a guy who'd rather nap than do his chores. Are there things you should be doing right now, instead of hanging around the blogosphere, answering these questions?
Yes, I have to start cleaning out my car because I am thinking of trading it in for a new model.

2) This song mentions a lazy afternoon of fishing. When did you last go fishing?
Oh probably 25 – 30 years ago, I used to be an avid fisherwoman but one time when I was taking the fish off the hook to throw him back in the lake. The fish said to me, “Why are you doing this to me? Causing all this pain just for “sport?” and right there and then I vowed to him to never fish again.

3) The lyrics catch our hero sleeping in both the sun and the shade. Do you have a nice, shady place to nap on your front lawn? Or would we catch you lying in the sun?
Well right now you will not catch me out doors, it is cloudy and only in the lower sixties. I’m not a big fan of the sun, you will find me in the shade or under an umbrella on the beach.

4) This week's featured artist, Leon Redbone, is a difficult man to nail down. Over the years he's claimed to be born in Ontario, and Philadelphia, and even Cyprus. Tell us about a time you got caught in a fib.
Hmm… that is a hard one to answer since I don’t fib that much.

5) Mr. Redbone has said that taking himself too seriously would be "the gentle kiss of death." What's something that you always take seriously and just can't joke about?
I don’t joke much, I am way too serious. I also don’t like jokes on somebody, I think those who do jokes on other people do it as a form of dominance.

6) He has retired from public life, and that includes his Facebook page, which is no longer available. What did you last post to your Facebook page?
WHY INTROVERTS ABSOLUTELY LOATHE TALKING ON THE PHONE

7) Leon always wore dark glasses when he performed. Do your sunglasses have gray, green, brown or rose colored lenses?
I wear neutral grey lens, wearing color lens throws off my color perception.

8) Recently Dick Van Dyke performed this song at a charity benefit, aided by his a capella quartet, The Vantastix. Last year, at age 90, he campaigned for Bernie Sanders. So Mr. Van Dyke is certainly not a "lazy bones." Who's the most active, energetic person in your life?
My brother.

9) Random question: You're at dinner with friends and someone begins a very long joke with, "Stop me if you've heard this before." You have heard it, many times before. Do you stop him? Or do you just sit through it again?
I would keep my mouth shut if there is a group of us.

6 comments:

  1. I try not to be too serious but I am a genuinely shy, quiet person in real life. So maybe I come off to strangers as serious when really, at home, I'm very loud and laugh-y! Anyway, I like your fish story and agree with you/the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selling the house, now get a new car. You're going through so many changes, Diana!

    I agree with you -- jokes "on" people aren't funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the jokes "on" people not being funny. I don't get those insipid shows about pranking people at all and while I love watching comedians on TV, I never liked Howie Mandel in the old days because his whole act seemed to be picking on individuals in his audience. I always swore I'd NEVER go see him live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True story on that phone thing. I put those calls off as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Students are constantly telling me jokes I've heard before. I try not to spoil them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You can talk to fish! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete