Friday, April 21, 2017

We Can Make A Difference.

All it takes is one person to make a difference, you don’t need a fancy law degree, you don’t need a large organization behind you, all you is to stand up and tell your story.

That is how I started out. I just kept asking one question, “What can I do to help?”

Yes now I have a MSW degree and a director of a very small non-profit (there is just me and the Board of Directors and my position is a volunteer position (I don’t get paid a dime). But it is still getting up and telling our story.

I did training at a courthouse in the eastern part of the state last month and I just got a thank you note.
Dear Diana
Thank you for coming to Danielson with your presentation. It was edifying. The audience included judges, clerks, marshals, prosecutors, court reporters, and defense attorneys. Each of us will bring your message to more people. Thank you very much for sharing.
If you want to make a difference, start out by asking that question, “What can I do to help?” You might not get an answer at first, but keep asking. Ask at your local LGBT center, ask at your local speaker bureau, ask anyone you think might have an answer.

But ask because nothing will happen if you don’t ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment