Saturday, March 18, 2017

Along Again, Naturally

Saturday 9: Along Again, Naturally (1971)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. Friday was St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Did you celebrate with green beer or a green milkshake? 
Nope.  But I did have an Irish beer with my supper.

2. Did you remember to wear green?
Nope… I don’t believe in St. Patrick's Day, it seems like it is just another excuses to get drunk just like Cinco de Mayo.

3.  What color do you look best in?
I like the denim look.

4. This week's featured artist, Gilbert O'Sullivan, was born in Waterford, Ireland. Waterford is famous for Waterford Crystal. Do you have glassware that you save for special occasions?
Yes, I have my grandmother’s crystal (What is left of the set).

5. This week's featured song includes the line, "To think that only yesterday I was cheerful, bright and gay." How were you feeling yesterday?
I was cheerful, bright and gay at the True Colors’ conference where I gave a workshop.

6. It begins with reference to a wedding that didn't quite come off because the bride left the groom at the altar. When were you most recently at church? Was it for a holiday service, a regularly scheduled service, a special event (a wedding or baptism)?
It was for a special event, a funeral for a friend.

7. In 1971, when this song was popular, Malibu Barbie was a big seller for Mattel. This doll had a perpetual tan. For a human to achieve this, a tanning bed or self tanner is usually required. Have you used either method to give yourself a tan?
I don’t like to tan, you can usually find me in the shade.

8. In March, 1971, James Taylor appeared on the cover of TIME magazine. What's your favorite James Taylor song?
How can you have just one favorite James Taylor song when there is so many to choose from? When there is songs like Carolina on My Mind, Fire and Rain, Our Town, and of course You've Got a Friend.

9. Random Question: What word or phrase do you hear yourself saying too often?
Um…

7 comments:

  1. I would agree that is what Americans have turned St. Patrick's Day into. My family uses it to remember our heritage and gather for a corned beef, potato, and cabbage supper. No green beer involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked the link and can see what you had such a good day yesterday. Good for you! I understand that there's still a lot of work to be done, but you're out there doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on JT. WAY too many hit songs to pick from...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irish beer is a good way to celebrate the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true about James Taylor--he truly is the soundtrack to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor does have a lot of good songs. The one I chose is the one I can play the best on the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why would people be getting drunk on Cinco de Mayo? Foolish peeps.
    I agree about St Patrick's Day.
    Our family likes to mark the day and remember our ancestors and their struggles to get to America. I also remember the ones of mine who were struggling to keep them out,too. Heehee

    ReplyDelete