Saturday, December 03, 2016

Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away (1996)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) When were you last breathless?
When I walked up two flights of stairs Tuesday

2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? 
Yes, but I was only ten years old and I have to admit that i also had a crush on one of my professor in grad school. However,she was married.

3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name.
Calamity Jane

4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks? 
Fruit and right now I am on a mandarin orange kick. I have two or three as a afternoon snack.

5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California?
Well I live in Berlin.

6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk?
I usually listen to Sirius satellite radio either to oldies stations or I listen old time radio shows on Sirius like Boston Blackie.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows?
I only watched westerns when I was little, shows like the Long Ranger, Roy Roger, Hopalong Cassidy, and Sky King.

8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
Nope, I have never seen any Twilight movies. I don’t like apocalypse movies.

9)  Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist?
I rather be the professor. I do guest lectures at some of the area colleges and universities and I love teaching, best of all being a guest lecturer is that you don’t have to grade papers.

6 comments:

  1. 2 flights of stairs?? That actually happened to me in Denver because of the altitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my teaching job was too close to the Ivy League professor job, it wouldn't be enough of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your monicker for top gun. And fruit is a very good snack. I like honey tangerines and clementines. Yummy 😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *just* discovered the radio shows on Sirius! SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going up two flights of stairs in a hurry leaves me breathless. And I've been to your Berlin. (My family used to vacation in a town called Montello, which is not that far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calamity Jane is a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete