Saturday, August 13, 2016

Saturday 9: Into You

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Into You (2016)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun...
... Because Cat suggested it. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this video, Ariana Grande and her boyfriend take off on a motorcycle. Are your trips usually carefully planned? Or would you prefer to just spontaneously get up and go?
I usually plan my trips if they are over night trips.

2) As they ride through the desert, they pass several cacti. This makes Sam sad, since she had a potted cactus on her desk and managed to kill it in no time. Do you have luck with house plants?
I have a black thumb. I drowned bamboo which is very hard to do.

3) This song mentions the appeal of acting "a little bit scandalous." Tell us about a time you were the subject of gossip.
Oh that is an easy one.
When I was laid off from work, one of my technicians somehow found out that I am trans and the day I left he told everyone. One my blog I usually get around a hundred to a hundred and twenty hits a day and on that day I got over five hundred hits! From the log I can tell the ISP (the internet connection that you get your internet from, it will say Comcast Hartford) and the log showed they were all from the company ISP.
But I had the last laugh; I got tons of emails saying how happy they were for me.

4) Ariana's mother is an executive at a company that makes, among other things, alarm systems. Is your home protected by a security system?
Yes, I put it in myself and programed it.
One of the jobs that we got at work was to build a very, very sophisticated security systems and that is all I can say about it because it is classified.

5) Ariana has her own fragrance, "Ari," available at major department stores. When you're at the mall, do you accept the scent strips you're handed? Or do you say, "no, thank you."
I take them and put them in my lingerie draw.

6) Ariana has said Mariah Carey is her "favorite human being on the planet" and her biggest musical influence. Who is your favorite female vocalist?
Oh my… here we go again with picking out the best. How can you pick one?
There are Linda Ronstadt, Carol King, Carly Simons, Patti Smith, Karen Carpenter, Stevie Nicks, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Janis Ian, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, the Wilson sisters, k. d. Lang, and the list just goes on and on. How can you pick just one out of this great list of singers?

7) A big fan of horror movies, she admits Freddy Krueger of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies was her favorite growing up. Do you like scary movies?
Nope, they are too scary.
But it is really that I just don’t like the violence associated with them. I remember the old Vincent Price movies, they were scary without all the blood and guts.

8) She had a brief relationship with rapper Big Sean. Do you like rap music?
Nope. I heard a couple of good rap songs but they are few and far between.

9) Random question: Which kid were you in school -- Class Clown, Brain, Jock, Stoner, Cheerleader, Teacher's Pet? 
It depends on what school were you talking about. High school I was a nerd, college I was a stoner, and grad school the teacher’s pet.

5 comments:

  1. You reminded me of several female artist I do like....to early for the brain to be firing all cylinders this morning, I guess. kd lang was the only one I could think of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the having to pick one female artist. You do have good taste in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list of female singers. And I chuckled at your school evolution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot some of those singers - so many to choose from (though of course not as many as the males). I love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm agast. Who knew you could drown bamboo. *shocked*

    I love K.D. Lang, and think she is right up there with Ella and Beverly. But there are so many great singers these days. Then there are the hidden ones like Susan Boyle.

    Vincent Price movies have become classics, and imho, Freddy should just go and lives under a rock for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete