Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday 9: Hello

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: Hello (2015)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun...
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
Just a flip phone which is usually turned off. If you listen to my voice message it says, “You can leave a message and I will get back to you when I hear you message but be aware it might be not for several months.

2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
No, you know that your chargers use so little electricity that when you run your electric dryer for an hour you probably used more electricity than you use in your lifetime leaving plugged in. Cell power charges use millwatts (1/1000 of a watt) and the dryer uses kilowatts (1000 watts)

3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up? 
It depends. For business I leave voice mail, for all other it depends upon what the call is about.

4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
Year round, but right now I’m sun tea. I just leave tea bags in water on the counter for a couple of hours; I have a 2 quart jar that I put two regular tea bags and one peach-orange tea bag.

5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?
Most definitely, being diabetic I count carbs.

6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?"
I have no problem apologizing. If you made a mistake, apologize for it and move on.

7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?
 Exercise! I really need to get out there and walk a couple of miles a day.

8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?
No, but I have been asked to show my driver license a couple of times.

9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?
Messy and it carried over into adulthood.



I am up at the cottage this weekend with company and I don't know when I will get free time to answer your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Our answers to #9 are almost identical! I just didn't get that "neat gene."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach-orange tea sounds heavenly. I don't think I've seen that combo anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun tea is a southern thang, or so I have been told, but I have never gotten into it. Seems to me it takes too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the cottage! It's a spectacular weekend here in Northern Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely will answer my phone. People who want to get hold of me know to send me a text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, just apologize! So easy to do, and it's over.

    Lol about that flip phone message. Our home phone says, "this phone is never answered, but you can leave a message if you like." I never listen to the messages.

    I was neat as a child and got very messy as a crafter. I need to do something about all this crapft stuff. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete