Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Court Butts Into Territory It Doesn’t Understand

Today I am covering two controversial topics. The first is a court ruling in New York that sounds like that the judge has a bias in a custody case.
Court Declares Mother Cannot Refer To Trans Child As “She,” Let Her Wear Women’s Clothing
"I am a mother, and I will do anything and everything in my power to protect and support [my child]."
NewNowNext
By Dan Avery
April 11, 2016

New York woman has launched a petition after a judge reportedly ruled she must not allow her child to identify as transgender, including a prohibition referring to the child with female pronouns or allowing her to wear girls’ clothes—even in private.
Lauren Wisser of Geneseo, New York, writes that her six-year-old child, “S,” identifies as female.
What the article doesn’t say is if the child has seen a therapist, I think that is an important that was left out. If she has gone to therapy and she has the support of medical professionals than the judge stepped way over the line. I am not say that she cannot be trans without seeing a therapist but rather that if she did that the judge is going against medical advice for what is best for the child and is inserting his bias into the ruling.

Ms. Wisser has started a “Change.org” petition, I doubt that it will change the judge’s ruling because I think the judge is incapable of understanding what the results are to deny a child of their gender identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment