Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Letter!

A letter in the mail box...

Yesterday when I got home after volunteering at the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective and I got the mail out of the box there was a letter in the box that wasn't mailed.

Hmmm...

Was it from a neighbor who was complaining about having a trans person in the neighborhood?
Intrigued, I opened it.

It was a letter from my neighbor!

The letter turned out to be a request for an interview for a term paper. she is taking a class in Anthropology on men and women in different cultures. She had to interview someone from a different culture.

Of course I said yes.

I remember when I was going to grad school, there was a rash of term papers on trans topics. Toward the end of the semester I was being interviewed two or three times a week. I remember talking to a professor a couple of years after I graduated he said he had a record number of term papers on trans issues while I was there. I heard of one class project to change some bathrooms to gender neutral bathrooms. Just by being "Out" we change the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment