Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday 9: Kiss from a Rose

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Kiss from a Rose (1996)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is from the movie, Batman Forever. The movie Batman v. Superman will be out later this month. In that matchup, who do you support -- The Caped Crusader or The Man of Steel?
Well since I haven’t seen either movie I can’t say which one that I like.

2) "Rose" became a popular name in the 19th century, when parents also began naming their daughters "Iris," "Violet," "Daisy" and "Lily." Do you know anyone who has a flower name?
Yes I know of a couple of woman named after flowers; Lilies and Roses.

3) This week's artist, Seal, has something to fall back on. At his parents' insistence, before he pursued music he got an associate degree in architecture from a small college in Westminster. What's the last grade you completed?
Grad school with my MSW. I am not giving much thought about going on to get my PhD,

4) Seal wrote this song back in the 1980s but didn't really like it very much. His producer discovered it when they were looking for material to complete Seal's second album and the result was several Grammys. Tell us about a time when something turned out better than you thought it would.
Oh, another hard question for me. I guess it was when I did a presentation at a senior center.

5) Ex-wife Heidi Klum is not the only model in Seal's life. He also dated Tyra Banks. Can you name another famous model?
Um… no. if you didn’t mention those two names I wouldn’t have known that they were models or I wouldn’t have known their names at all.

6) Seal is currently involved with yet another model, Australian Erica Packer. Between them they have seven children. How many siblings do you have, and are you the oldest, youngest, or in the middle?
I only have an older brother.

7) Seal's birthday was back on February 19. Let's think about your birthday. If you could have any type of cake you wanted, what would you request?
A sugar free cake with zero carbs. But I have been known to sneak a piece of “Death by Chocolate” cake.

8) In 1996, when this song was popular, Lyle and Erik Menendez were found guilty of murdering their parents in a crime and trial that dominated the news in Los Angeles. What are people in your town talking about?
How many kittens will the Bruce’s cat have? Just kidding, I don’t know of anything they are talking about outside of politics.

9) Random question: There's an old saying, "Like nails on a blackboard." Sam can't recall ever hearing nails on a blackboard, but she knows she hates the sound of a dripping faucet. What sound bothers you the most?
Loud music, I hate it when a car goes by my house and with all the window closed in my house I can still here it.



I am up at the True Colors conference at UConn in Storrs CT all day attending workshops, my workshop yesterday was a hit. There was standing room only and almost all of the evaluation were fives.

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you don't have a Superman/Batman preference. I know you're a scifi person, and I thought Star Wars people were also Marvel Comics people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the workshop is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually make those sugar free cakes all the time. You just have to be careful to not eat too much....if you know what I mean... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loud music is bad. Fortunately out in the country I don't deal with that except on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't love loud music either, especially when its banging behind me in the next car!! xo

    ReplyDelete