Saturday, December 26, 2015

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
Are you kidding! Of course I climbed on St. Nick’s lap… he was giving away free toys.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
A little of both, I’m nice because I care about people and I won’t tell you about the naughty part, there are some thing a girl has to keep secret!

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I traveled down to New Jersey for Christmas and I just got home.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? 
Not yet, but I will

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
I don’t have a favorite, because I don’t like any of them. But I did go see “Christmas on the Rocks” which was about all the old Christmas movies.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes, enough said.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? 
No but I enjoyed watching other make a fool out of themselves.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
It used to be hot mulled cider with rum, but alas being diabetic all the winter drinks have way too many carbs.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
Last Christmas wasn’t  too memorial, but I will share one from Christmas past. When I was a teenager it was snowing on Christmas Eve (my parents were parting with the neighbors at our house) and my neighbor stopped by because he was bored and I was bored and we figured two bored kids could find something to do better than one bored kid. So anyway he had a box of road flares and we decided to go walking in the through the woods across from our houses with the flares until midnight. Well for me it turned into an unforgettable night.

It was so beautiful with the snow falling and the woods and snow lit up by the red flares, the only sound was the hissing of the flares and the crunching of our feet on the new snow.

1 comment: