Friday, October 16, 2015

Yesterday.

I was busy yesterday and I think that the day ended up in the positive column.

The day started out with a meeting for the Safe School Coalition at the Office of the State’s Attorney where we discussed biases in education. Being biased is not a problem the problem lays when we make decisions based on those biases. And the day ended talking about biases in healthcare.

At the Safe School Coalition meeting we review a model Safe School Climate Plan that the Connecticut Department of Education is working on, it is a modification of the Westport CT to make it generic for the other school districts in Connecticut.

The day ended with me going a talk down at Quinnipiac University to the Netter School of Medicine to their LGBT student organization. I think this was the best talk that I ever gave, I felt that I nailed it and I didn’t even use a PowerPoint presentation. I just had a list of topics that I wanted to talk about and filled in the rest as I went along.

After I talked, they had a doctor talk about having a trans friendly practice and between the two of us I think we gave an excellent workshop. Afterward I had a time to talk to the doctor and we are both interested in doing training for doctors and therapist here in Connecticut.

So it was a powerful day yesterday and today is not going to be shabby either. I am heading off to the Newington Senior Center for the second LGBT Moveable Senior Center and in the evening I am heading down to New London to catch a house concert with Namoli Brennet.

No comments:

Post a Comment