Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday 9: Thriller

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Thriller (1983)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

I’m back home again from my vacation on Cape Cod, the NH cottage is all closed up for the season and I’m getting over a cod that I had since Monday.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this video, Michael Jackson is transformed into a "werecat," with fangs, claws, yellow eyes and whiskers. What  monster or ghoul frightened you the most?
I’m not really frightened of any make believe monsters.

2) Michael sings that evil things that will be lurking "close to midnight." Where will you be at midnight tonight?
In my bed sleeping.

3) Horror movie icon Vincent Price does the voice over on "Thriller." What's your favorite scary movie? 
I was never a big fan of horror movie, the all seemed so camp. I got a good laugh from the “Blob.”

4) Mr. Price's House of Wax, made in 1953, was one of the first 3D movies. What's the most recent 3D movie you saw?
I've never seen a 3D movie.

5) Horror fans might be surprised to know that, despite his sinister image, Mr. Price enjoyed very genteel and relaxing hobbies, like cooking, gardening and painting. What would we be surprised to learn about you?
Well I think by now most of you know my little secrets but maybe not this one, I won a science fair project in junior high school when we launched a mouse on a model rocket.

6) A Halloween tradition is the jack-o-lantern. Did you carve a pumpkin this year?
Nope, I haven’t carved a pumpkin probably in over fifty years.

7) According to Yahoo!, the most popular costume of Halloween 2014 was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Will you be in costume this Halloween? If not, who or what would you most like to dress up as?
Nope, I will be in hibernation. Maybe a nun if I was going to dress up..

8) When you went trick or treating as a kid, did you usually wear a store-bought costume, or was it DIY?
Homemade costumes like Davy Crockett or a pirate.

9) When trick-or-treaters show up at your door, what candy will they get?
A cold shoulder. Bah Humbug or whatever the Halloween equivalent is.
But actually our neighborhood has grown old and all the kids are now parents of their own.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get trick or treaters, either, but I might have to buy an "in case" bag of candy. ;-)

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blob was one I was trying to remember. I saw it when I was very young and it scared me silly. At least I think it was that one. Hope you are over your cod very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine that science project winning today. That must have been interesting. I hope the mouse enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're right about The Blob. It has a song! Who sings about about monsters? And I love when it squishes through the heating vent.

    ReplyDelete