Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fantasia Fair Day 7 – The Party’s Over

Yesterday was the last day of FanFair, everyone is packing up and heading home.

I had breakfast with three other friends at the Gifford House Inn. It was one of three places that had lobster on their breakfast menu, two of them had lobster Benedict and one of them had lobster hash and one of my friends wanted to try the Gifford House so we went there. When I ordered lobster Benedict the waiter said that they were all out of lobster because it was the end of the tourist season… Agg!

A couple of hours later I went to lunch (it is included in the price of the conference) but I wasn’t hungry so I had the Ruben without the bread and skipped desert. I walked down to the Crown & Anchor for the keynote speech by Jillian Weiss a trans lawyer who has taken part in many notable cases.

On the way to the Crown & Anchor I went through the Whaler Wharf mall to the beach where I took a whole slew of photos of an old pier.




After the keynote I went back to the room to catch a few Zs before the banquet. I just fell asleep when my cell phone rang… whatchadoin? I was sleeping. So much for taking a nap before the banquet.

The Gala Awards banquet is where they give out the awards for Alison Laing Congeniality, Brenda Viola Most Helpful awards, the food was very good and it was nice to socialize before dinner. For many attendees the banquet gives them a chance to dress to the “nines” for me it is just another banquet.

I like going to the fair for two reasons, first I like to meet old friends and second I like to take photos. I see people here from all over the country and it is a great networking place.

Now I am heading off to breakfast at Bayside Betsy’s… until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment