Friday, August 14, 2015

Here Comes The Hate

It seems like whenever we are in the news or TV it brings out the hate mongers.
New transgender reality star gets ambushed by death threats (VIDEO)
I Am Jazz reveals absolutely disgusting Internet hate for the transgender community
SheKnows
By Christina Marfice
August 13, 2015

Being an Internet celebrity comes with a definite dark side.

And for a transgender celeb, it's even darker, as shown on Wednesday's episode of I Am Jazz, a new reality show following the life of transgender teen Jazz Jennings.

In a clip from the episode, 14-year-old Jazz is showing her brothers, Sander and Griffin, some of her YouTube videos. Some of the videos have racked up nearly 200,000 views, along with hundreds of comments. The three siblings start reading through the comments left by viewers.

"I'm pretty sure everything there is to know about me has been written online, whether it's in comments or articles or anything," Jazz says to the camera. "I think some of these people know more about me than I know about myself."

The comments start off pretty harmless. One commenter tells Jazz that it isn't "natural" to have to shave her legs as often as she does. The next one is a little more harsh.

"Sad that the devil is tricking you into believing that you are meant to be a girl," Jazz reads aloud from the screen.
The comments also has death threats and the article also asks for comments about the comments, at least those comments were friendly and not hateful.

As one commenters says, “These ‘keyboard warriors’ are so brave hidden behind their computers.” I try not to read comments because anonymous comments seem to bring out the worst in humanity and I am glad that many of my TV interviews or news article do not allow comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment