Friday, July 10, 2015

Saturday 9: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Crazy Little Thing Called Love (1980)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

... because Diana suggested Queen

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this video, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury is wearing a leather jacket. Do you have a leather jacket?
Nope, I don't own any leather clothes.

2) There's a statue of Freddie in Switzerland. There's another statue of him above the Dominion Theater in London. Tell us about a statue or memorial in your town. 
Well I imagine that every town has one, a veteran’s memorial. We also have the nation’s very first civil war memorial.

3) Mercury said this song was inspired by Elvis Presley. What's your favorite Elvis song?
Love Me Tender

4) This song was covered by the animated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Do you still watch cartoons?
I admit it, once in a while I'll watch Rocky & Bullwinkle show on YouTube


5) The members of Queen met while attending Ealing Art College in London. Are you still in touch with the friends you had in your late teens and early 20s?
I was in touch but in the last couple of years we drifted apart. But I just became “Friends” on Facebook with my neighbor from when I was growing up.

6) During Queen's hey day in the 1980s, Mercury stayed in shape with tennis and swimming. Are you more accomplished on the court or in the pool?
The lake, but I don’t swim. Just float.

7) In 1980, when this song was popular, Brooke Shields made a jeans commercial where she said, "Nothing comes between me and Calvins." It actually only aired for a short time because so many viewers called and complained about it. Have you ever called or emailed to protest something you saw on TV?
Yup, and I written letters to the editors that were published.

8) 1980 is also the year the Post-It note was introduced. What's the last Post-It you wrote?
"Cold Cuts!" I posted it on the refrigerator door so I don’t forget to bring them up to the cottage.

9) Random question: Do you blush easily?
Most definitely, which cause me to blush even more.

I am heading to a wake first thing in the morning and then on up to the cottage (that’s where I was last weekend.) so I don’t know when I will get a chance to reply to the comments. I’m packing my laptop when I finish this post.

8 comments:

  1. Rocky and Bullwinkle are in YouTube? This is a must see. Thanks! Enjoy the rest away time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss cartoons. Real cartoons. We have none. I miss that one with the dog and the chicken... I'll remember it at the most inopportune moment I am sure! Sorry about the wake, but enjoy the cottage! Have a wonderful weekend!! ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mentioned Rocky and Bullwinkle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful, relaxing time at the lake. Don't forget the cold cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know the cartoons were on youtube, will have to check that out. Have fun at the lake. I am sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember trying to get my kids to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen Rock & Bullwinkle in a LONG time. I gotta check them out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I have the same vicious cycle of blushing. Gawd, I hate it so much!!

    ReplyDelete