Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday 9: Bubbly

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Bubbly (2007)
Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

... because Jodi suggested Colbie Caillat

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to "the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like." Have you been to the beach yet this summer?
I have been to the lake does that count? But I do want to get to the beach latter this summer when the water warms up.

2)  Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
Nope, just when I know I will be out in the sun for awhile, say long than 30 -40 minutes.

3) Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan?
Nope, never watched it.

4) "Bubbly" is often a synonym for champagne. When's the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly?
At my brother’s wedding back in 67.

5) Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favorite baseball team doing so far this season?
I’m not a fan of sports, but my brother’s family is all Red Sox fans even the ones living in New Jersey.

6) In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan?
Wrong generation, I’m a Linda Ronstadt fan.

7) In 2007, when "Bubbly" was popular, actress Yvonne deCarlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?
Mortician, I’m more in Goth than Mod.

8) In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it's obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it?
Nope, but I had a Geocities account.

9) Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger?
A plunger, I need that but not an ironing board.

I am going to a picnic in VT today so I will not get to approve comments until tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Geocities. Do you have insights into why it didn't catch on, like Facebook has?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided that lake count :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was run by Yahoo and they discontinued it around 2006, that was when I started this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Geocities! I was more of an AOL message boards fan at that time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Geocities. I had a lot of friends on it and you can still find stuff in the wayback machine from it.

    ReplyDelete