Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Jenner’s Blog

My first thought was, don’t they have a drought in California? It is nice that her swimming pool is full.

OK, enough of the digs.  I think in the interviews that I’ve seen she did a pretty good job and didn’t lay any eggs like other trans celebrities, in her blog on Huffington Post she writes,
Up until now, I have totally isolated myself from the transgender community, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I feel such a responsibility to this courageous group to try to get it right and tell all sides of the story. To me, that's always the biggest question: am I doing it right?

A few weeks ago, I had dinner with some of my new friends -- a group of six trans women -- and I went around the table and asked each of them how long it had been since their transitions. One said 20 years, another said 15 years ago... seven years ago... three years ago... They came around to me and I said, "Two weeks."

Flash-forward a few weeks and I've already learned so much about this community, the issues and the people involved. It's been an eye-opening experience for me -- and it's mainly made me realize how fortunate I am.
How many trans celebrities  have taken the time to learn about the community, I remember one trans who was thrown into the spotlight saying everyone else we nothing but “men in dresses” but her. And there are so many more trans people who dissed other trans people, such what was said about the trans woman and Planet Fitness.

Caitlyn goes on to say on her web page,
Learned so much this week spending time in SF at the Human Rights Campaign. Unbelievably moving. Can’t wait to share more with you.
Well one thing she has to learn is how the HRC treats the trans community.

1 comment:

  1. Today the famous artists make fashion Caitlin loves beautiful clothes maybe this is the result of the immediate success it achieved by dressing tastefully

    ReplyDelete