Friday, May 01, 2015

At The NASW Conference

Today I am at the Connecticut chapter of NASW conference and right about now I am giving my workshop Cultural Competency. This is the fourth time that I have done this workshop for therapist and each year it is to a full house.

Update May 2, 2015 7:30 AM:

My workshop was very positive, lots of good questions at the end. The only thing that I didn't like was because my workshop was the workshop of the day some attendees left early to avoid traffic. I quick glace at the evaluations showed almost all of them were A+.

I had a trans man in my workshop and I was a little nervous with him there because I was more conscious of what I was saying... would he approve? Did I say that correctly?

I met a lot of classmate and there is this one woman that was in my class, she has a doctorate in public health and is the head of an agency. After class one time she asked if we could talk because she wanted to learn more about trans stuff. So we went to the "cafeteria" (vending machine, pre-made sandwiches, snack and coffee. But at least the coffee wasn't from vending machines). When I said I didn't have any money to feed the vending machines, she said don't worry she understood how it and patted me on my back. To this day I still time she thinks I'm broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment