Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Always Down

You always hear a wives scolding their husbands for leaving the seat up, I think that the debate has been going on since the invention of the toilet seat. But there is one place that discussion does not belong. An article in Out & About in Nashville discusses that place…
Seat up or seat down?
May 1, 2015
By Bobbi Williams

I was sitting at my hangout in Austin, Texas, when one of the lesbians emerged from the ladies room and shouted pointedly at a bunch of us girls who were seated at the end of the bar. “Hey!” she yelled, garnering the attention of the entire bar as she pointed directly at us. “Which one of you bitches left the seat up!”

We looked at one another, then back at her. “You wanna be ladies?!” she shouted. “Then act like ladies!”
One of the things that I noticed when I attended trans events is feet facing the wrong way and finding the seat up, and I totally agree with the lesbian in the article. I have always said, “Respect the space that you are in.”

Unless you are in your own home you are sharing someone else’s space, whether it is someone house or a public bathroom we all are sharing the space so be courteous. I have been in some pretty messy women’s bathrooms; the worst was at a restroom in Virginia along I-81. However, there is a big difference between a messy bathroom and leaving the seat up.

As trans women we should be especially courteous when we use a public bathroom and respect the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment