Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday 9: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? (1970)

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? (1970)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song asks, "Does anybody really care about time?" How about you? Do you pride yourself on being punctual? Or don't you really care?
No, I run about ten minutes late. My nemeses the shower, a hot shower is soooo relaxing that I lose track of time. What I really need is a clock in the shower.

2) The lyrics refer to a stranger asking the time. When is the last time you conversed with someone you didn't really know? What did you two talk about?
Yesterday, I did training at a public health class at a university in New Haven and afterwards I talked to the students who still had questions.

3) According to the Top 40 tracker Tunecaster, this song knocked Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Knock Three Times" out of the #1 spot on the charts in January 1971. Are you familiar with "Knock Three Times?"
Oh yes, I remember the song very well. I heard it so many times on the radio.

4) Chicago is not only the name of the group but also of the midwest's largest city. Chicago is the proud hometown of such luminaries as Bill Murray, Michelle Obama and Derrick Rose. Does your town have any favorite sons or daughters?
Well there was Emma Hart Willard who led the movement for women’s education and then there was the “Yankee Peddler” there was a number of tin makers living in town. During the winter they made their tin plates, cups, and tableware which they sold around New England in the summer.

5) The group Chicago was originally known as The Chicago Transit Authority, after the city's public transportation system. When is the last time you were on a bus or a train?
This past spring when I went down to New York to see a Broadway play.

6) Four of the original seven bandmembers are still with the group … after 48 years! What's the longest you stayed at the same job?
28 years and I only left because they closed down the factory.

7) Lead singer Rob Lamm confessed that, at times, being in a band has been hard for him because he is by nature a loner. How about you? Are you more introverted or extroverted?
Introvert, I look on extroverts with jealousy, dreaming of being able to strike up a conversation with anyone.

8) This summer, Chicago will be touring with Earth, Wind and Fire. Have you seen/will you attend any concerts in 2015?
Nope… my last concert that I went to was back in the seventies.

 9) Random question: What's the last mess you cleaned up?
I dropped an egg this morning when I was taking it out of the refrigerator.

8 comments:

  1. Cleaning up a dropped egg is the worst... especially after you just mopped the floor!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written your answer to #1. Emma Hart Willard -- I must look her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You teach classes and work hard for causes. That makes you more of an extrovert than you think, maybe? thank you for all that you do! Er, but not the dropping eggs part.
    Have a lovely week. See you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dropping an egg reminds me of a story. Right after my husband and I married (31 years ago), I tried to be the dutiful wife and fix his breakfast (at 5 a.m.). About three days in, I dropped an entire carton of eggs in the floor. I cleaned it up and told him he was on his own for breakfast after that. I have never cooked him breakfast again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can talk to anybody but it takes a lot out of me. As a teacher, I kind of have to be able to make small talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be able to take a train to go see a Broadway play. I bet that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dropped my Easter Coconut Cream pie all over the floor. Of course it landed face down. I didn't know if I should cry, get a dog or just put it back in the pie plate and eat in anyway. I called Timmy right away and told him so he wouldn't think I ate the whole pie. At least I had cut a nice piece but let him have it.

    Once I read a story about Mrs. Florence Griswold who spilled the dish of peas on the floor and she swept them up and served them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always a pity when places of work get shut down after so many years! I'd never be able to commute to the nearest venue to continue the line of work I was happiest at!

    ReplyDelete