Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dancing with Myself

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Dancing with Myself (1980)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is one of Billy Idol's biggest hits. Can you name another?
Rebel Yell.

2) When is the last time you danced around your home? 
When I got my workshop was acceptance letter.

3) In this song, Billy says he dances with his own reflection. Is there a mirror in the room you're in right now?
Nope.

4) Dancing with Myself is also the name of Billy Idol's 2014 autobiography. Let's say you're going to write your life story. What do you title it?
Two Lives Are Better Than One.

5) This month, Billy resumes his 2014-15 concert tour in New Orleans. Have you ever been to Louisiana?
Nope. I have been to almost all the states this side except Alabama and Louisiana.

6) In 1980, when "Dancing with Myself" was first popular, VHS players were all the rage. Do you still have yours?
Yup and I still use it.

7) In 1980, The Love Boat was getting good ratings. Have you ever taken a cruise?
Nope and I never want to take one.

8) Sally Field won her first Oscar in 1980 for the movie Norma Rae. Five years later she won a second Oscar for Places in the Heart and delivered one of the most quoted acceptance speeches in Academy history. Do you remember what she said?
I don’t think I ever watched a Oscar show.

9) In 1980, People magazine named Stephen King one of the most intriguing people of the year because he had two big paperback bestsellers -- The Dead Zone and The Shining. Do you have a favorite Stephen King book?
Nope, I never read any of his books but I saw a couple of Twilight Zone shows he wrote.

I still have my cold, but it is winding down. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the cruise thing. Too many people get sick on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like more than a cold! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep feeling better. I am doing my best to stay home to avoid germs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad your cold is winding down. hopefully it'll be gone soon! i like the intrigue of the title of your life story! good choice!

    ReplyDelete