Friday, January 30, 2015

A Little Lipstick…

And that is only for when I have to go somewhere important or fancy like a banquet, otherwise I wear no make-up at all.

Fantasia Fair
2014
When I first came out and attending conference I used to attend all the workshops on makeup, the support group I attend used to had makeup artist come or a meeting at their store. One time before the support group banquet I had a makeover, the whole nine yards, nails, pedicure, makeup, everything but I felt it made me look artificial.

After I had electrolysis done I no longer had a beard to cover up and I stopped applying makeup, except for lipstick.

Another thing was the women that I know never wear makeup. I remember
Dancing the night away at
UConn School of Social Work
"A Night to Remember"
2011
going to a party to celebrate the signing of the marriage equality law and I asked a friend who is a lesbian what’s everyone going to wear and she said, slacks. I wore a dress and I was the only one there with a dress on, many just were wearing jeans with a nice top and non wore makeup.

When I give workshops to professionals audience I usually wear slacks, a causal top and either low heel pumps, ankle boots or loafers and a little lipstick. Never any high heels, except when I am going to banquets or semi-formal occasions.

Today I was dressed in my professional business attire with a little lipstick on because I had to go to UConn field placement office to interview a possible intern I might have this semester.

So if you see me wearing lipstick you know it must be a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment