Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday 9: The Power of Love

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged? 
Clothes, I’m going on vacation this week so I bought some new clothes for the trip.

2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard?
Ha! I never skateboarded in my life, I’m not crazy.

3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good?
Ebola, Ebola, Ebola! It seems like some news channels are trying to create panic.

4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?
Benedict Arnold, according to family lore we are related to him in some way.

5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do?
Are you kidding? I don’t remember that far back (almost 50 years).

6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now?
No. It not something that I stock in the pantry.

7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Ice cream, at least I can somewhat tolerate it.

8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014?
Falcon Ridge Folk Festival.

9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box!
Pink Laptop.

8 comments:

  1. Woo--vacation clothes shopping is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I'm going shopping for rain gear, it is suppose to rain for five of the eight day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. New clothes! Excellent! I hope you have/had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, have a great vacation...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about Ebola, Ebola, Ebola....

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a colorful picture! i hope you don't get too much rain on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you -- I don't think I've ever purchased coconut in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, the ebola bad news is really drubbing. And we've had a local scare because of, sadly, a very ill young student who contracted meningitis at the local Uni.

    ReplyDelete