Friday, October 24, 2014

Fantasia Fair Day 5

Today was a goof-off day. I didn’t attend any of the workshops instead I went with some friends to the Atlantic Spice Co. in North Truro. The place is fantastic! They sell spices in bulk and kitchen supplies, ii bought a 6oz. bottle of vanilla extract for less than the small 2oz, bottle in the supermarkets. I also bought some small hard to find whisks, an eggs ring (when I make egg McMuffins at home the egg spills over the side of the muffin), and I also bought a tea ball (a strainer that you put tea in to steep in hot water). My old tea ball somehow accidentally went in the garbage disposal and when I turned on the disposal this thing popped out… what the heck? It did a pretty good job of mangling it into a crunched up piece of metal.

When I got up the sun was up and I went out and took a few photos around the motel and then I went to Bayside Betsy’s for breakfast. I had Stuffed Potatoes Skin, the skins were stuffed with scrambled eggs and corn beef hash topped with cheese.

Then we went to the Atlantic Spice Co. and when we got back from there the rains came. There were showers off and on all afternoon so I read and dozed, I think that I woke up more tried than before I napped… it was one of those rainy lazy days. For supper we went to Ross Grill and I had Lobster, Shrimp & Scallop Risotto… delicious! It was in a cream sauce with arborio rice and peas. The restaurant was almost empty when we go there but by the time we left the restaurant was filling up.

I decided not to watch the movie tonight; as usual I was up most of the night this time because of the wind and rain. Also the chairs in the Paramount room are not the most comfortable chairs to sit in for an hour and a half.

So here are some photos from yesterday…
This is my motel and my room is the last room on the left with the awing.

This is the house across the street from my room; it is really interesting looking house with the cupola. It looks like an old captain’s house.

This is looking down the west end of Commerce Street from my motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment