Monday, October 20, 2014

Fantasia Fair Day 1

I got up here around 2:30, checked in, and made three trips from the basement garage to my second floor room to bring all my stuff to my room. I am staying at the Boatship and the room is pretty basic, nothing fancy (a light switch by the door would have been nice.) but I didn’t expect much for $99 a night.

I went downstairs and registered for the fair. One thing nice about the place is registration and a number of the workshops are here so I don’t have to walk them. The last time I was here I staying at a cottage in Eastham which was a half hour away. I shared the cottage with a couple of friends and it was only $450.

The dinner was at a sushi bar and I met Stana and three other women from Connecticut. It was the first time that I used chopstick and I actually managed to eat with them. I left around 8:30 and walked back to the motel. In the room next to me someone is reading trans-poetry, I hope they don’t do that all night.

I had a flashback to the first time I came to the fair, walking down Commerce Street in heels and a dress felling the wind blowing on my legs and now I was in jeans. A big change from twelve years ago. But the wind is still howling and rattling the shutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment