Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Interesting…

All I can say is interesting…
How Transgender People Are Changing Their Voices
WBUR
By Martha Bebinger
August 19, 2014

“What I often hear is, ‘I pass as a woman until I open my mouth,’ ” says Kathe Perez, a speech language pathologist who designed the Eva app.
[…]
“Many of the people I work with will not go out in public because they have to talk,” Perez adds. “Or they’ll go with people so that their wife or their friend will order for them at a restaurant. They’re afraid to open their mouths because the sound that comes out doesn’t match the person that’s sitting at that table.”
It’s true that for many of us our voices do not match our gender, I joke that if you can’t tell that I am trans you need new glasses and a hearing aide.

But I don’t know if a phone app is the answers and I know a number of trans-women who had speech lessons and for some it does work and for other they sound worse than before.



#########

A busy day today, I will be up at the Legislative Office Building all day and the to dinner with some friends before the PFLAG meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment