Thursday, July 24, 2014

Smile Into The Camera And Say...

Yesterday I did something cool, I was in a commercial that will be shown later this year and I can’t tell you the details until it comes out. But I can tell you that it was really neat.

Complete with makeup artist, reading my lines, lighting, different camera angles, and my mark on the floor. It took a little bit to find the place and that in itself is a story*, but when I got there a little after 1PM everyone was on their lunch break. After lunch was over we went down into “makeup” and she did only around my eyes and nose so that there wasn’t any shine off them and just a touch of lipstick.

They explained the idea behind the commercial and went over my lines, and then I waited until it was my turn in front of the camera. When I went down into the studio they had marks laid out on the floor and the photographer posed me and a woman came over and did my hair. The cameraman gave me directions on where to look and said my lines which I repeated… Now say it with a big smile; now say it with a little smile and now say it as a question. Now look over there and slowly look toward the camera and then say the lines. Every once awhile, the woman came over to fix my hair or to adjust my glasses when the cameraman said my glasses are crooked.

They had monitors set up where the ad agency people could watch the product and once in a while I heard them say, “that’s good, excellent!” or they would have me say a different line. After the shoot I asked about the camera and when I got home I found out that the camera body was $14,500! The sensor is 19 Meg and the array is 6144 (h) x 3160 (v) and it can take 4K Full Frame video in RAW at 60 FPS. It is definitely not a camera for amateurs.

*My GPS took me a roundabout way instead of getting off of Route 9 in Middletown at the Randolph Rd. exit the GPS had me get off at the Silver St. exit and by the Connecticut Juvenile Training School for boys where Jane Doe is being held. It was scary driving around the state complex and by the jail. Then when my GPS said that I arrive at my destination there was nothing but woods, I had to ask a letter carrier where the studio was located.

No comments:

Post a Comment