Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Six #535

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #535

1. How old were you when you got your driver’s license?
Seventeen.

2. What was the year, make and model of your first car?
Okay, I’m going to side step the question since it is a common security question.
It was a white convertible with red interior that was my mother’s car and then my brother’s cars and finally it was my first car. Between my brother and me, I think we had a total of seven accidents with it.

3. What color was your first car and what color do you wish it had been?
I am not particular fond of any color; I usually take the color on the lot with the options that I want. My current car is light blue and I joke that I picked that color to match the state license plate, but in reality that was the only one they had on the lot.

4. Did you buy your first car yourself or was it a family hand-me-down?
They were all hand me downs. My second car was a red  I think 1966 Olds Cutlass Supreme that was passed down from my mother. Then my parents got me a red Opel Kadett Rallye because they didn’t want me driving a “fast” car so they bought me a little 4-cylinder. Little did they know that it wasn’t horsepower but rather horsepower to weight ratio, that car moved! I had it up to a hundred and ten once. Then I had a Vega… big mistake! Then I bought my first car when I graduated from college a green 1974 Toyota Celica GT.

5. Other than family, who was the first person you remember driving somewhere in your car?
I don’t think I ever let anyone else who wasn't family drive my cars.

6. How long did you keep the car?
When I was working I kept a car for about 2-3 years and then sold it, but when I retired I kept my car for 127 thousand miles… a record for me. Most of the time they only had 40 or 50 thousand miles on it; the original set of tires were just wearing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment