Saturday, July 05, 2014

Saturday 9:

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)

1) This week's song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend?
Nope, just sitting around the cottage and maybe tonight watching something on Netflix or Amazon

2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5'5". How tall are you?
Six foot.

3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend?
Just a glass of wine at dinner.

4) American history was one of Crazy Sam's best subjects in school. In which class did you earn your best grades?
In grad school, I was an “A” student.

5) The Fourth of July means we're in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
It depends, if I keep track of the time I usually do not put any one, but if I’m out in the sun any longer than that I usually do apply sunscreen.

6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now?
No, it is so windy a mosquito or a black fly can’t get to you.

7) Emergency rooms report an increase in wrist injuries in summer, with people falling off bikes and skateboards and jamming their wrists catching hard-hit softballs. Have you ever had a sports-related injury?
Nope… I don’t do sports.

8) New York is home to Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest every year on the 4th. Will hot dogs be consumed in your household this weekend?
Nope, I’m having Chicken Kabobs tonight and hamburgers tomorrow night. We had pizza last night because it was raining, so everything got shifted back a day.

9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner?
Nope, I am a walker. It looks like a lot of work running.

4 comments:

  1. I found that I was a more serious student as I got older- well and had to pay for school too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of pizza for the 4th You may have started a new tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a walker, too. Only ever run to catch the bus...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking is very good exercise too.

    ReplyDelete