Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Dark Ages

It is said that it took the Catholic Church 400 year to say that the earth revolves around the sun. Even now there are religions that do not believe in evolution and that the earth is only 6000 year old. The Southern Baptists chose the Dark Ages over science; the delegates approved a resolution at the denomination's annual meeting Tuesday,
On transgender identity, the delegates affirmed that "God's good design that gender identity is determined by biological sex and not by one's self-perception." The resolution, which was approved, urges transgender people to "trust in Christ and to experience renewal in the Gospel."
In the HRC Blog they wrote,
The resolution which passed without discussion, opposes hormone therapy; transition related care and other efforts to “alter one’s bodily identity." Delegates also expressed opposition to government efforts to “validate transgender identity as morally praiseworthy” and call on transgender people to "trust in Christ and to experience renewal in the Gospel."
I have said many times that I have no problem with religions unless they interfere with my rights, in this case to proper medical service. If they want to stick their head in the sand and deny medical facts and tell their followers to suffer and not get proper medical treatmen that is okay with me but they cross the line in telling others to follow their beliefs.

1 comment:

  1. Part of the (our?) problem is that we do not come back at these sorts of people by saying that "God gave me biology that has my brain not matching my genitals. Until they have a way of changing my brain structures, they only fix is to change my genitals. God put me in this situation for reason only he knows and luckily he has given mankind the knowledge to fix it."

    ReplyDelete