Monday, March 31, 2014

What A Crazy Drive This Morning!

I had a car appointment this morning at 9:30; because it was snowing I left 20 minutes early.

I drove to the expressway and the cars were all stopped so I went to plan B. I took the state road, I went a couple of miles and we came to a stop. After creeping forward feet at time I came to a town road and took that. A mile down the road it came back out to the state road and that was still backed up in both directions so I scooted across the road and continued on the town road.

A few miles down that road passed some factories the road goes up a hill and traffic was at a standstill with a truck stuck on the hill spinning its tires, the smell of burning rubber filled the air. A police officer was telling him to back up to the side of the road to let everyone by, but he was ignoring the officer.

Another officer was with me asking if I was stuck and to shift into a lower gear. I told her the Prius only has forward and reverse, that it is a Continuous Variable Transmission and the computer figures out the best ratio. While sitting I said her that it is one crazy day and she said that there are over a dozen accidents in town and also downed wires.

Finally the truck pulled over and we were able to get by him. The rest of the way was just slow going and I finally made it the car dealer after 90 minutes. Talk about being strung out from the road, I was frazzled.

The ride home to 11 minutes.

The storm caught everyone off guard, the state didn't pre-treat the roads because the snow wasn't forecasted and I think that the towns had the plows off the trucks. Big thick flacks came down fast and piled up, we ended up with over 3 inches of in a little over two hours.

Updated 3:30PM:
Does sitting in a car dealer's waiting room for 2 hours and talking to a cop for 5 minutes count?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment