Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday 9: Unicorn

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Unicorn

"The Unicorn" was selected because Monday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song was recorded by The Irish Rovers. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
Nope, part English

2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State?
Of course, it is only a half hour drive fro here and if you are heading anywhere north you have to go through Massachusetts.

3) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for?
Beer and whiskey!

4) St. Patrick's Day is celebrated the world over. They even watch marching bands and wave Irish flags on St. Patrick's Day in Moscow. Does your town have a St. Patrick's Day parade?
Nope, but there are three parades in the state.

5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?
Nope… maybe orange just to stir up trouble

6) Have you ever had green beer?
Yuk!!!

7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's?
Yuk!!!

8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
My mother did and she had a knack of finding four-leaf clover, I could for hours and she look down and spot one.

9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious.  What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now?
Generic cheerios.

7 comments:

  1. Your answers made me chuckle. I wonder if many would get your wearing orange on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I found a four leaf clover once, but it was some kind of weed. haha.. And orange?!? Say it ain't so!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a four-leaf clover once and thought I was so special. haha! I haven't found another since.

    I like that you would wear orange! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be able to find four leaf clovers like your mom, but seen to have lost that ability as I have aged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha- wear orange. That's a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad would wear Orange just to be ornery

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother could ALWAYS find four leaf clovers, even after I'd looked at a patch for a half hour. It was so strange! My sister and I just didn't have the knack but my brother did. Fat lot of good it did most of us. lol

    Orange is? The color wheel opposite of green, is that why?

    ReplyDelete