Saturday, March 08, 2014

Saturday 9: Theme from Peyton Place ("Wonderful Season of Love")

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Theme from Peyton Place ("Wonderful Season of Love")



Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Spring, summer, fall or winter: which season do you consider most wonderful?
I used to say fall but our falls have been getting shorter and shorter and it seems that we go from winter to summer and back to winter.

2) Crazy Sam learned this song when she played flute in the high school orchestra. Did you participate in many after-school activities?
Science club

3) The flautist next to her in the orchestra was Jeanne Pepitone. After a little Facebook spying, Sam learned that Jeanne is now Jeanne Moran, a nurse with a husband and a daughter. Sam shot her a "friend request." Do you keep up with your high school classmates?
A few, but in the last couple of years we have grown apart

4) When she performed with the school orchestra, Sam was required to wear gray slacks and a black sweater. What are you wearing right now, as you answer these questions?
Jeans and a Henley

5) Sam was especially dedicated to the school orchestra because she had a crush on Mr. Hanley, the school's musical director. He was the dark/thin/sensitive type. Tell us about a teacher you remember, and why he or she stands out.
My science teacher, because he let us learn at our own pace. He use to give us science projects and let us figure out how do them, he’d tell us the chapters that we needed to do the experiment like find out if the substance was an acid or base. We then had to write a report on what we found.

6) Because Sam was so crazy about Mr. Hanley, she was desperate to attend his band camp. Her parents wouldn't allow it unless she could pay her own way, and so she didn't get to go. Were your parents strict or permissive? If you have children yourself, what's your parenting style?
They were strict in some ways but they didn’t keep a tight rein on us.

7) Sam liked Fridays because her favorite food, fried rice, was served in the school cafeteria. When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
First you have to eat Chinese food…

8) When Sam was a little girl, a new box of Crayolas could get her pulse racing. Now she loves her Sharpies. Do you enjoy shopping for school/office supplies?
Gee, back when I was in school all our supplies were covered, all we had to buy was a loose-leaf notebook.

9) Do you have any plush toys? Or did you give them all up when you left childhood?
Actually I do, I inherited them from my aunt, but none of them are from childhood. My aunt used to keep a collection of them on her bed.

I will be out photographing eagles (providing they will cooperate. It might be more like "Oh you should have been here this morning!) and will not be able to approve comments until I get back

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving the memorable teacher answers this week. Bravo to yours for letting you assimilate the information in your own way, at your own pace!

    Hope the eagles cooperate.

    PS You're the only adult I've ever encountered who has never, ever tried Chinese food or chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep supplies minimal for my classes. I spend my own money on most items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Eagles! And I remember using paper bags for book covers, too. Ahhh, those were the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I take it that you don't own chop sticks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your photography session goes well! And I love Chinese food. But I know not everybody does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with the eagles! wow, that's rest that all you needed to get was a loose-leaf notebook. so many supplies are asked for nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather didn't cooperate. Even though it was 50F out, the wind coming off the river was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the Eagles! We only see Goldens here in SoCal.

    When PBS ran the series of programs by Joyce Chen, I copied up all her recipes. The kids loved it, and still cook it. We had Chinese foods every week. I miss cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to really like Chinese food. Then I started to think about what is in it and how often they get closed down around here.

    ReplyDelete