Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday 9: Copacabana

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Copacabana

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song refers to the merengue and the cha-cha. Are you a good dancer?
It depends on what you mean by dancing; if you mean slow dancing then I’m all left feet.

2) Dances like the merengue and cha-cha are featured on Dancing with the Stars. Are you a loyal DWTS viewer?
I never have even watched it.

3) The Copa girl in the song, Lola, wears yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. If we were going to the clubs tonight, what would you wear?
Jeans and turtleneck with a denim jacket.

4) The real Copacabana nightclub was on East 60th Street in New York. It was used as a setting for the movie Goodfellas. Do you have a favorite mobster movie?
No, unless you call North By Northwest.

5) Our featured artist, Barry Manilow, has unfortunately spent a great deal of this young century in the hospital -- broken nose, face lift, chest pains and two hip surgeries. Tell us about your most recent trip to the doctor, ER, or dentist.
My annual physical was Thursday, it went well.

6) Manilow told US Magazine that he enjoys nude sunbathing. Have you ever skinny dipped or sunbathed au naturel?
Nope!

7) Before he became famous as a performer, Manilow was a very successful jingle writer. "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there …" and "You deserve a break today at McDonald's …" were his. Tell us about a TV commercial you saw recently.
That is a hard question for me, because I tune them out. I usually play a game of solitaire on my Kindle during a commercial or channel surf. So I am kind of oblivious and tuned out during them. 

8) The Manilow faithful are known as Fanilows and proudly wear Barry hoodies, wristwatches and even dog tags. Do you have any clothes that feature a recording artist?
Nope. Not a one.

9) In 2005, Manilow refused to respond when Larry King inquired about his sexuality. Do you think it's rude for interviewers to ask personal questions? Or is it something a performer should expect because it goes with the job?
It is rude.

I will be away all day today at a conference, so I will not be able to approve your comments until I get home.

6 comments:

  1. I play solitare when I watch television too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your conference! And messing with your Kindle instead of watching ads is a much better use of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got your outfit ready. Hope you wear it out somewhere fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with #9--some things are private.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree- it is rude. Someone should ask King about his sexuality since he's been married a few too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On #9. Yes, it didn't have anything to do with his career or music, and sounded like a shock jock question to boot. I vote for "rude as charged".

    The commercials on TV just made me nuts, even after we got a TV that could be muted. Glad it's over for me, though I love your system!

    ReplyDelete