Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday 9: That's My Kind of Night




 

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, our hero offers to take his girl down to the river to catch a catfish dinner. What is your favorite seafood?
Lobster! Need you ask.

2) Luke Bryan went to Georgia State University, home of the Panthers. What was your school mascot?
Take your pick, in high school it was a redcoat, in college it was a tiger and in grad school it was huskie.

3) Have you ever tried acupuncture?
Nope and never will.

4) Just last night, Crazy Sam threw away a jar of Miracle Whip because it expired in September 2013. Is your refrigerator neat and organized? Or is it a disaster area, like Sam's?
My refrigerator is a science experiment, I’m trying to find a replacement for penicillin.

5) Which is more important to you -- saving time or saving money?
A Buridan's ass choice, between two equal choices, I pick saving money because money can buy you time… but then again time is money. However, since I’m retired I have time on my hands so I have to stick with money.

6) Sam's next door neighbor is named Jim. He's retired, smokes a pipe and drives a red Corolla. Tell us about one of your neighbors.
I don’t know them; I have only spoken to them maybe only a dozen time in twenty years. Nobody is ever outside, we all have lawn care services and live in our backyards.

7) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?
I can’t remember, I think it was National Geographic in the dentist office about five months ago.

8)  Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right now?
Nope, it is raining. Nature’s free car wash.

9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning?
It’s Saturday! And besides I retired I haven’t set my alarm in seven years.

8 comments:

  1. I have some lobster bisque in my refrigerator right now. MMMM MMMM!

    Let us know how that scientific experiment turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had real rain yesterday...maybe the truck is actually clean now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it's the weekend, I still had to get up early for breakfast with friends--I hit the snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have rain but my car is in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lobster indeed :) Now I'm craving melted butter......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's sad that people don't know their neighbors anymore. When I was a kid (and I'm only 31, so it wasn't so terribly long ago) my family knew her majority of our neighbors and we were extremely close to a few...they were part of our family as far as we were concerned. Even today my husband and I know our downstairs neighbor and as she is elderly and lives alone my husband is more than happy to help her out with stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so generous of you to work on science in your fridge. Dare I say Nobel Prize worthy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your penicillin replacement comment made me laugh. I think for a while there, I was doing the same!

    ReplyDelete