Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday 9: Best Song Ever

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Best Song Ever



Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. (This is their official video and it begins with a skit; music starts at 2:25.)

1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised?
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, I went walking.

2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. "Dentophobia" is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist?
It is one of those thinks that you have to do in life.

3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show?
I watch CBS This Morning show on weekdays and the Today show on weekends.

4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to children (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)?
I don’t know if I have in a very long time.

5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they?
Two, electronics and social work.

6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature?
I never was a young reader, all the books that you had to read in school were boring. Who wants to read Wuthering Heights unless you are forced to read it? It wasn’t until my college roommate turned me on to science fiction that I started reading on my own.
 
7) If this is the "best song ever," what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge.
Any song by George Thorogood, especially this one,


8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say?
Can I wear your crown and sit in your “chair?”

9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless?
Some days I feel like a nut some days I don’t. I think for the most part my life has direction but some days it is like I’m tilting windmills.

8 comments:

  1. I loved Wuthering Heights and Heathcliff when I was in high school! That's when I was too young to know how dysfunctional that relationship was. Of course, much of this is personal taste. I just confessed to Kwizgiver that in high school I cheated my way through Hound of the Baskervilles. I could not bear that -- or Moby Dick -- when I was a teen.

    I also love the idea of you sitting in Her Highness' "chair."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been an avid reader--I loved reading those books during high school.

    I haven't thought of George Thorogood for eons! I haven't missed anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading and always have - I read Wuthering Heights when I was 9 because it was on my mother's bookshelf! But I love good fantasy. That is my favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard "Bad to the Bone" the other day and cranked it. And I didn't think of asking to sit on her chair, good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I like that you would ask to wear her crown and sit in her chair! :)

    I was another one who liked Wuthering Heights. I might have to go back and read it again though as I don't remember it being dysfunctional! I guess I was too young to realize that, too, and now I'm too old to remember what the story was about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been a reader but I've never been able to get into the Bronte sisters. Your answer just emphasizes that kids need to have the power of choice if they're going to become lifelong readers! (Don't get me started on this one. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you've got me wondering about that crown. I wonder how many she has and how heavy they must be. I'd probably get it stuck in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Wuthering Heights, and Shakespeare and all that we read in high school EXCEPT the war stories. They just don't interest me. I have no interest in Sci-Fi either, sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete