Saturday, December 21, 2013

SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Crazy Sam’s SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?
My health back, I want to be able to walk 10 miles again.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I think I am on the nice list and I probably got there by caring about other people.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?
I don’t know, I am torn between three options; going down to my niece’s in New Jersey on Christmas day, going down on Saturday when my nephew’s will be there or staying here in Connecticut. It is a three hour drive down there and if I drive back the same day that is six hours driving time for a four hour visit and if I decide to stay that will cost $185. So I’m indecisive.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
I will, I want to get a tablet. I would to get a tablet that I can use for a PowerPoint presentation when I give a workshop.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year?
I don’t have a favorite, but I have one that I hate and that is “A Christmas Story.” I liked it the first couple of times that I watched it, but now it has gotten much worn.

6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?
Unfortunately I cannot have either they have way too much sugar in them and I hate to think what they will do to my blood glucose.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.
“Little Drummer Boy” someone posted this on Facebook and it wormed its way into head for the last couple of day.


8. What's your favorite winter beverage?
It used to be hot mulled cider with rum but alas it is the sugar thing again.

9. What will you remember most about 2013?
There were so many notable events this year; one of them was a trip to the Hill-Stead Museum and also all the days up at the cottage. Just being able to get away for a few days at a time and sit by the water relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like Christmas Story, either. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd vote for Connecticut.

    I'm kinda tired of that movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! You've got me remembering how very, very good cider with rum smells.

    ReplyDelete