Monday, October 28, 2013

One Big Event

Last night I went to a fundraiser banquet for the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective, it was a little intimate dinner of over 550 people. I attend for a number of reasons, it is a good cause, it is good to see and talk to friends, also since I’m with a non-profit that works with the health collective and they let us use their space, and it is good politics.

The location of the event is the Hartford Convention Center; it is a massive space which even 550 people cannot fill. The food was delicious, hor d'oeuvres were endless and the food was amazingly good. Where they held it before the food was rubbery and they only had 300 people there, but at the convention center the food was at the proper temperature and not over cooked.

As usual I left once the band started playing. I have a hard time with loud music, I’m at an age where conversation is easily drowned out loud background noise, so once the music starts I cannot hear any conversation. What I don’t understand why the music is so loud that I could still here it two floor down n the escalator? It not like you can’t dance to softer music.

The picture on the right is a picture from the Hartford Courant, you can see me (in the black dress) standing with my back to the camera on the right side of the photo. We are out in the lobby where the silent auction was taking place. Later that had a live auction where they had a trip to Ogunquit, a trip to Provincetown, a trip to New York and a cruise up for auction. One year the bidding on an item got up into five digits which was impressive, I wish I could at the drop of a hat put a ten thousand dollar charge on my credit card.

The photo of me is courtesy of Stana

No comments:

Post a Comment