Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday 9: Dominos

Crazy Sam’s  Saturday 9: Dominos


1) Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards?
Yes to the dominos, but I never had much luck with a house of cards.

2) In this week's song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, "The hottest love has the coldest end." Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out?

Yes, last summer.

3) This is from Big Pink's CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love?
Far too few and too far in between.

4) Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, "Girls Fall Like Dominos." Nicki won't be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn.
C) Yawn. I never even heard of them… they are a different generation.

5) While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam's hometown is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What's the big local story where you are?
Who's buying the local goat farmer land is the big buzz in town.

6) Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it's your turn. Share a random fact that's rattling around in your brain.
Right now I’m brain dead, I’m only on my first cup of coffee and I woke up only a half hour ago.

7) Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore?
When I was trying to cut a rope of the raft and the knife slipped and I broke the blade.

8) Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative?
I take them to Goodwill, any place than the Salvation Army. They discriminate against LGBT people.

9) Do you blush easily?
Not easily but I do blush.

4 comments:

  1. I saved my #6 until last and still couldn't think of anything in my brain. Did you know there is a random fact generator. I used it until I found a random fact that I already knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends in the Keys, who are a gay couple, used to feel the same way as you about The Salvation Army. In fact, it was out of loyalty to them that I switched to Goodwill. However, after Hurricane Wilma, they did a 180º in regards to The Salvation Army. It was the SA, more than the Red Cross or the local and/or federal government, that made their lives endurable with fresh water and clean linen and batteries for flashlights. The SA knew that many, MANY of those they were helping were of the LGBT community, but when the chips were down it didn't matter. I was surprised to see, last year when I was visiting my friends, that they were now donating exclusively to the Salvation Army. (I remain a Goodwill Girl myself, as I have learned more about the work they do and whole heartedly support it. But, as one of my friends especially is politically active in the LGBT community in the Keys and he changed his mind, I just wanted to share.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to blush a lot, as in A LOT, but not so much anymore, I'm glad I've grown out of it. I hate that aspect of being a redhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, the SA are haters? That sounds like a bad idea on their behalf. I always wonder how many of the haters are closeted themselves. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete