Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Want To Share An Email...

I want to share in part an email that I received from a medical doctor from the Student Health Services who attended the seminar that I gave at UConn last week...
I wanted to write and thank you so much for your presentation at CMHS at UCONN last Thursday.  When I picked up my daughters (ages 12 and 13) after school that I day I told them I had just heard from one of the bravest people I’d ever met.  We then had a very long conversation about what it means to not identify with your birth gender and the challenges and discrimination faced by the Trans-Gender community.   I’m sure that you don’t remember me but actually rode up in the elevator together.  You were facing the elevator key pad (coping mechanism?) and I was too preoccupied to say “Hello,” for which truly regret the missed opportunity of meeting you.
I firmly believe that we bring about change through education, by getting out there and to begin a discussion with each other is the only way that we can make the world a better place for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment