Saturday, May 04, 2013

Saturday 9: Tunnel of Love

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Tunnel of Love


1) Do you enjoy amusement park rides?
Nope, I hate them. No rollercoasters, no Tilt-A-Whirl, nothing the scares or goes upside down or makes fast turns, give a jungle cruise any day.

2) In this song, Bruce likens romance to riding through the tunnel of love. The Red Hot Chili Peppers sing about a "Love Rollercoaster." What amusement park ride reminds you of your relationships?
The dunk tank.

3) Bruce's nickname is The Boss. Who was your best boss? What made him/her a good supervisor?
Well I was the boss and my boss just let me run my own department and did butt in as long as I was under budget and on time.

4) Bruce's father was a bus driver and his mother was a legal secretary. What professions did/do your parents work in?
My father was in education administration and my mother was a homemaker.

5) Bruce met his wife Patti at a bar in Asbury Park. Do you believe you can pick up lasting love in a bar?
Nope, it is very rare.

6) Springsteen was unable to work for years because he was embroiled in a lawsuit with his management company. Have you ever been sued, or sued someone else?
Nope, never. I have been on juries through.

7) Bruce won an Oscar for writing the title song for the Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia. Do you have a favorite Tom Hanks movie?
The Man with One Red Shoe, runner up Toy Story.

8) Bruce's official Twitter account (@springsteen) has more than 389,000 followers. Do you tweet? If so, how many people follow you?
Nope, I’m just on Facebook

9) Bruce's drummer, Mighty Max Weinberg, led the band on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Who do you think is funnier -- Conan or Jay Leno? Or are you looking forward to Jimmy Fallon?
I never make it past 11, so I really don’t care who is on late night.

4 comments:

  1. "Dunk tank" made me smile. Best answer so far this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the dunk tank! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on late night TV. Although, I do Tivo Jon Stewart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can think of a few people (probably somewhere in TX this weekend) I'd like to put into a dunk tank....

    ReplyDelete