Saturday, February 09, 2013

Winter Storm Nemo 2013-02-08

The sun is just starting to peak out for the first time in over a day. The storm started just around sunrise yesterday and ended around 8AM this morning. It left in its wake around 29-30 inches of snow with drifts several feet deep.

I hunkered down for the duration of the storm and curled up in front of the fireplace reading. Around ten o’clock at night I heard on the scanner that the town plow trucks were getting stuck and they were using the town payloader to pull them out. When I woke in the morning it was like a new white world.

This is the view looking out my kitchen slider on to the deck.

This is looking out my atrium; you can see the snow halfway up the bottom windows.

Over on the right you can see the 6’ icicle hanging in front of one of the atrium windows.

The bottom of the dining room window is six feet from the ground and you can see that the drift actually touches the roof. Also there are four steps up to the front door.

This is looking out that window.

When I was walked down to the street to take pictures but I fell and I couldn't get up because the snow was so deep. My neighbor came over to help, but I managed to struggle to my feet. However, my camera was buried in the snow!!!! It was covered in snow, I brushed it off and let it dry before I turned it in and it seems to be OK.

1 comment:

  1. Looking out your deck with woods behind your home looks almost the same as our deck and woods....

    ReplyDelete