Saturday, February 02, 2013

Saturday Six #460

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #460

1. V is for VACCINE: Do you believe children should be required to be vaccinated before they’re allowed to attend public schools? Why or why not?
I think everyone should be vaccinated because it prevents deadly diseases that could easily be prevented. I here all these horror stories the side effects of vaccines, but when you consider the millions of people who are vaccinated the odds are really small that you will have a side effect. Every year for the last twenty years or so I have had a flu shot in the fall and I hear people say that they got the flu even though they had the shot. But if you ask them they either got the shot during the flu season and the shot didn’t have time to take effect or they had a cold without a fever, aches and pains, but it must have been the flu. [/RANT]

2. V is for VALOR: Whom do you know personally that you consider to be particularly courageous?
Anyone who stands up against discrimination and oppression.

3. V is for VALUE: Which store do you feel generally offers the best deals on things you want?
I have no idea, I think when you go shopping that you think wherever you go is the best. After all, do you ever think, “I think I’ll go shopping here because they have the worst deals.”

4. V is for VEGETABLE: Which single vegetable do you tend to use most when you cook?
It is a tossup between onions and peppers; I use both of them a lot in my cooking.

5. V is for VERTIGO: What’s the tallest building you’ve been inside?
The Empire State Building. For some reason I now get vertigo, heights never bothered me until lately.

6. V is for VULCAN: Who is your favorite Star Trek character?
Scotty, he keeps the Enterprise going with WD40, duct tape and ty-wraps (Ask any engineer what they need to fix something and that is what they will say.)

1 comment:

  1. Scotty was my favorite Trek character, too, but it's because of the twinkle in his eye. He seemed so mischievous.

    ReplyDelete