Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Story Part 152 – Snow Days

As some of you might have heard we had a little snow storm last Friday. I loved snow days especially when work was closed not because I got out of work for a day (though that was also nice) but because I had at least 24 hours when I could be Diana.

Most of the time when I was home I wore a women’s baggy shirt and jeans that would hide my bra because I never knew when a friend would stop by to have a beer and smoke a joint. So I couldn’t really wear a dress or skirt because of that fear, but on snow days I could be myself without worrying. I use to light a fire in the fireplace and curl up in front of it reading, never having to think about the doorbell. It was my special day.

I still like snow days to curl up in front of the fire, put on some music and read but now there is no worrying about someone dropping by and having to change.

My Story is a weekly series of blog posts about my transition and observation of life as a trans-person.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes forget to comment, but I really learn a lot from your story posts.

    ReplyDelete