Monday, February 04, 2013

Eight Trans Questions

I found these questions on the blog “Crossing T's and Dotting I's” and I wanted to share my answers with you.
  1. AWARENESS: When did you first feel trans? How did it make you feel? Did you embrace or run from it?
    I don’t know at what age I was when I became aware of my feelings (I say “feeling” because it is very hard to put it into words) but I know that I used to say my prayers and end it with asking God to make me a girl.
  2. ADOLESCENT COPING: How did you cope with growing up? What about puberty? How was school, or teenage life?
    I hid and only crossdressed in private.
  3. EARLY LIFE/ UNIVERSITY / COLLEGE: Having grown up – at least physically, how was life? Did you fit in or fall out? Did you stay home, work away or go to University, college or work?
    I grew a beard, did the manly things like backpacking and skeet shooting and did drugs
  4. CAREER: What you do and how you think it has shaped you (for better or worse). Is there something you long to do?
    I crossdressed in private. (2/6/13... Hun? That is what happens when I post to my blog before I wake up. I think one of the reasons that I went into engineering was to lose myself in work. I concentrated on work and I really didn't have a life outside of work. When I retired I did want I wanted to do, help other people and that is why I got my MSW.)
  5. RELATIONSHIPS: Single, married, long term relationship, divorced, happy to be single? How is family life?
    I never developed a deep relationship with girls; I think they realized that I was holding part of me back from them. What is ironic is that during last summer I was going out with a woman as a woman and it was nice while it lasted.
  6. COMING OUT: Have you? Would you? If so, how was it?If not, why not?
    I’m way out there, I’ve been on the TV news, I’ve been on the radio, I’ve been on a cable TV show, I’ve giving interviews for newspapers. But coming out to my brother and family was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
  7. THE WAY FORWARD: What’s next for you? What are your hopes – trans, or otherwise?
    I don’t know, I take life one day at a time.
  8. WORDS OF WISDOM: Anything you’d like to share to a younger you or to other trans people?
    Be safe and you cannot unring a bell
If you want to answers the questions you can do it in the comments or post it on your blog with a link back to the original blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment