Saturday, February 02, 2013

Saturday 9: Aida

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Aida



1) Have you ever been to the opera?
Nope, never have and never will. However, I have been to musicals and plays, I just have no desire to see an opera… well not quite true, I understand there is an opera based in the music by Queen.

2) Maria Callas was often called a "diva." Is that a compliment or a criticism?
I suppose it all depends upon the context.

3) Aida was composed by famous Italian Giusseppe Verdi. In addition to opera, what else can the world thank Italy for?
Spaghetti and Meatballs!

4) Verdi was Italian and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece?
Italy, so day I would like to visit the town where my grandparents came from.

5) The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What's the funniest movie you have ever seen?
Ugh! I had these types of questions, it is all relative.

6) What's for dinner tonight?
Chicken Cordon Bleu and a salad.

7) Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
Yes, earrings and a watch. I had an appointment for a routine medical test first thing this morning (the fun test that women take, hence the reason why I’m late this morning with Saturday 9).

8) Sam Winters has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold?
A shot of brandy and a lot of vitamin C.

9) Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive?
Let me put it this way, without my glasses I can’t read a billboard at 40 feet.

3 comments:

  1. I'm lucky my glasses prescription is very light, I can see almost 20/20 but have astigmatisms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure the Italians invented pasta but they sure perfected it. I love pasta but don't eat it much any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a great idea for an opera indeed.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete